Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
Mon October 28, 2013
BoDeans On Mountain Stage
BoDeans' members make their fifth appearance on Mountain Stage, recorded live on the campus of the North House Folk School in Grand Marais, Minn. As the creative forces behind one of the most enduring bands to come out of the '80s and '90s alt-rock scene, the Wisconsin musicians have been touring and releasing albums in various capacities for the past three decades. Since the group formed in 1983, BoDeans' music has been guided by songwriter and guitarist Kurt Neumann — from its early club days through a world tour alongside Joshua Tree-era U2 and beyond.
The band's latest Mountain Stage set, recorded only a few feet away from Lake Superior's north shore, draws from BoDeans' 11th studio album, American Made, and includes an upbeat cover of the sultry Bruce Springsteen classic "I'm On Fire." Sam Hawksley plays acoustic guitar and provides backing vocals alongside Ryan Bowman on bass and Bukka Allen on Hammond organ. They're joined by the highly regarded drummer Kenny Aronoff.
- "Jay Leno"
- "I'm On Fire"
- "Good Things"