Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Public Radio Interview: Rauner At 100 Days
- Data Trackers: License Plate Scanning Technology Raises Privacy Questions
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Studies Show Limited Impact Of Settlement Sizes On Health Care
- School Musical Decorations Produce Off-Stage Drama
All Songs Considered
Tue May 13, 2014
Bob Dylan Covers A Classic Tune
A new Bob Dylan recording popped up on his site just now. You have to go there to hear it — it's a version of the classic 1945 song, "Full Moon and Empty Arms." The tune is written by Buddy Kaye — known for writing hits for Sinatra, Ella and Elvis — and Ted Mossman, and based on Sergei Rachmaninoff's Piano Concerto No. 2.
All this hints at a new record, perhaps a covers record of classic tunes. Dylan has done this in the past: In 1992 and 1993, he put out two collections of great folks songs of the past, Good As I've Been To You and the darker World Gone Wrong.
When I know more I'll pass it along.