Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
Tue March 11, 2014
Bob Boilen On World Cafe
Originally published on Sun October 26, 2014 6:01 pm
Bob Boilen is the founder of NPR's All Songs Considered. A musician himself, he has a unique feel for presenting music on the Web. And he is a bit obsessed — and ambitious. Obsessed enough to attend more than 600 shows a year. Ambitious enough to listen to songs from 1400 acts scheduled to play SXSW each year to figure out what is worth seeing. And we are crazy enough to ask him to limit his picks to just five for our Sense of Place: Austin.
We'll not only find out about Bob's picks but also get his advice on how to survive SXSW and get the most out of it. He'll also reveal his favorite venues to see shows and to chill.