Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- State's Paying Interest On 2011 Past Due Wages; May Finally Pay Up
- Beautiful Book Pairs Felicia Olin's Art & Vachel Lindsay's Poetry
- The Players: Inspector General's Push For Public Reports Stalls
- Plan That Would Allow Ex-Felons To Work In Schools Gets Support From Conservatives
- Listen to State Week - April 10, 2015
Wed March 12, 2014
The Black Angels On World Cafe
Austin, Texas, goes back a long way with psychedelic music — maybe all the way back when you consider the claim that Austin's own Roky Erikson's Thirteenth Floor Elevators was the first psychedelic band back in 1965. Our guests this hour on our Sense of Place: Austin show, The Black Angels, ably carry on the tradition. They are part of the "Reverberation Appreciation Society" that started the Austin Psych Fest in 2010. The festival has now grown into a three day event of like minded bands, and will take place May 2-4 this year. We are happy to welcome The Black Angels back to the show.
We'll hear a set of music from their 2013 album Indigo Meadow. You can download a song from our set today as well.