Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- State's Paying Interest On 2011 Past Due Wages; May Finally Pay Up
- Beautiful Book Pairs Felicia Olin's Art & Vachel Lindsay's Poetry
- The Players: Inspector General's Push For Public Reports Stalls
- Plan That Would Allow Ex-Felons To Work In Schools Gets Support From Conservatives
- Listen to State Week - April 10, 2015
Tue December 10, 2013
Bill Callahan On World Cafe
Those who love indie singer-songwriter Bill Callahan's music no doubt have their favorites among his solo albums, if not from records he previously made under the name Smog. Callahan's music has been remarkably consistent and deeply meaningful; as a writer, he's truly invested in making every word count. Callahan's latest album, Dream River, is a classic illustration of his artistry.
On Tuesday's episode of World Cafe, listeners will hear songs from that record being played in a relaxed session. Callahan is backed during the set by the band he recorded the album with. In a discussion with host David Dye, the musician discusses his recording process. He also reflects on life in Austin, Texas.
Available for download is a live performance of Callahan's drum-flecked, psychedelic "Javelin Unlanding."