Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
Mon July 28, 2014
Big Money In Dollar Tree's Acquisition Of Family Dollar
In an $8.5 billion deal, Dollar Tree has agreed to acquire its rival discount chain, Family Dollar. What does this mean for Dollar General? And could Wal-Mart take customers away from all of them?
Howard Davidowitz joins Here & Now’s Jeremy Hobson to discuss how the business of dollar stores has adapted as the economy has improved.
- Howard Davidowitz, retail consultant and founder of Davidowitz & Associates, Inc.