Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- State's Paying Interest On 2011 Past Due Wages; May Finally Pay Up
- Beautiful Book Pairs Felicia Olin's Art & Vachel Lindsay's Poetry
- The Players: Inspector General's Push For Public Reports Stalls
- Plan That Would Allow Ex-Felons To Work In Schools Gets Support From Conservatives
- Listen to State Week - April 10, 2015
Purvines Ancestors Barn
Fri July 19, 2013
Barn At Clayville Site To Become Pioneer Agriculture Museum
Volunteers who help at the Clayville Historic Site outside of Springfield have a new use for an old barn that's been preserved by a family with strong ties to Sangamon County.
They're inviting the public to Clayville Sunday to learn more about the effort to put together a Pioneer Agriculture Museum in the Purvines Ancestors Barn.
Jerry Smith of the Pleasant Plains Historical Society and Doris Hamel - descendant of the Purvines family - joined Peter Gray on Illinois Edition to talk about the project:
Extended Interview: Jerry Smith and Doris Hamel talk further about their ancestors' ties to area