Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
Purvines Ancestors Barn
Fri July 19, 2013
Barn At Clayville Site To Become Pioneer Agriculture Museum
Volunteers who help at the Clayville Historic Site outside of Springfield have a new use for an old barn that's been preserved by a family with strong ties to Sangamon County.
They're inviting the public to Clayville Sunday to learn more about the effort to put together a Pioneer Agriculture Museum in the Purvines Ancestors Barn.
Jerry Smith of the Pleasant Plains Historical Society and Doris Hamel - descendant of the Purvines family - joined Peter Gray on Illinois Edition to talk about the project:
Extended Interview: Jerry Smith and Doris Hamel talk further about their ancestors' ties to area