Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- State's Paying Interest On 2011 Past Due Wages; May Finally Pay Up
- Beautiful Book Pairs Felicia Olin's Art & Vachel Lindsay's Poetry
- The Players: Inspector General's Push For Public Reports Stalls
- Plan That Would Allow Ex-Felons To Work In Schools Gets Support From Conservatives
- Listen to State Week - April 10, 2015
Wed January 8, 2014
Auto Insurance On The Rise
Illinois drivers should get ready to pay more for insurance.
Crain's Chicago Business reports (http://bit.ly/1ggCmGt ) major insurers in Illinois are raising rates.
Northbrook-based Allstate says in a regulatory filing that rates for customers will climb between 2.5 and 3.5 percent later this month.
Esurance rates are rising about 3.2 percent in late January, while Geico expects to boost prices by 2 to 3 percent in March.
American Family Mutual Insurance Co. expects to boost rates about 2 percent in February.
Progressive will lower rates by 1 percent, although the decrease comes after the insurer hiked rates by 11 percent almost two years ago.
Bloomington-based State Farm Insurance says rates will hold steady. It raised rates 3 to 4 percent in September.
State Farm is Illinois' largest insurer, followed by Allstate.