Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
Fri August 23, 2013
Author: Battle Hymn Of The Republic "Marches On"
Harvard professor and author John Stauffer is considered an authority on Lincoln and the Civil War.
His latest book charts the evolution of the wartime ballad "Battle Hymn of the Republic".
Stauffer discussed the origin of the tune Thursday at the Lincoln Presidential Museum. The museum is wrapping up its summer series of book discussions.
Ahead of Stauffer's lecture, Peter Gray asked what inspired him to research what he calls "the song that marches on":