Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- State's Paying Interest On 2011 Past Due Wages; May Finally Pay Up
- Beautiful Book Pairs Felicia Olin's Art & Vachel Lindsay's Poetry
- The Players: Inspector General's Push For Public Reports Stalls
- Plan That Would Allow Ex-Felons To Work In Schools Gets Support From Conservatives
- Listen to State Week - April 10, 2015
Fri August 2, 2013
August Town Halls On Obama Health Law Planned
Congress goes on summer recess next week, so the debate over President Barack Obama's health law is heating up in the states, including Illinois.
Two liberal groups announced Thursday they are “going on the offensive'' to support the law in Illinois and nine other states.
The groups - Protect Your Care and Americans United for Change - wouldn't say how much money they've raised for the effort, which will include town hall meetings. Brad Woodhouse of Americans United for Change says the plan is to “hold Republicans accountable'' for efforts to repeal the law.
Meanwhile, the conservative group Heritage Action is organizing a “Defund Obamacare Town Hall Tour.'' Communications director Dan Holler says while the tour isn't coming to Illinois, there will be a town hall Aug. 26 in Indianapolis.