Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
Fri August 2, 2013
August Town Halls On Obama Health Law Planned
Congress goes on summer recess next week, so the debate over President Barack Obama's health law is heating up in the states, including Illinois.
Two liberal groups announced Thursday they are “going on the offensive'' to support the law in Illinois and nine other states.
The groups - Protect Your Care and Americans United for Change - wouldn't say how much money they've raised for the effort, which will include town hall meetings. Brad Woodhouse of Americans United for Change says the plan is to “hold Republicans accountable'' for efforts to repeal the law.
Meanwhile, the conservative group Heritage Action is organizing a “Defund Obamacare Town Hall Tour.'' Communications director Dan Holler says while the tour isn't coming to Illinois, there will be a town hall Aug. 26 in Indianapolis.