Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Illinois TV Anchor On Cancer And Leading A Normal Life
- UI Faculty Association President Calls Salaita Report A Game Changer
- Agencies To Ask For More, Rauner Says ... Without Giving An Opinion On If They Deserve It Or Not
- IIAA Teaches Life Skills Through Sports
- Parties' Power Grabs In Battle For Comptroller; Quinn Calls Legislators Into Special Session
Fri October 25, 2013
Appalachian Mountain Club Huts Turn 125
Originally published on Mon October 28, 2013 3:43 pm
A New England institution is turning another page in its mission to serve hikers of New Hampshire’s White Mountains.
For 125 years, the huts maintained by the Appalachian Mountain Club have offered food, shelter, advice and a bit of entertainment to weary travelers of the presidential range.
Chris Ballman, Here & Now’s managing editor, visited one of the huts recently and brought back this story.
- Chris Ballman, Here & Now managing editor.