Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- State's Paying Interest On 2011 Past Due Wages; May Finally Pay Up
- Beautiful Book Pairs Felicia Olin's Art & Vachel Lindsay's Poetry
- The Players: Inspector General's Push For Public Reports Stalls
- Plan That Would Allow Ex-Felons To Work In Schools Gets Support From Conservatives
- Listen to State Week - April 10, 2015
Fri February 21, 2014
AP: Rutherford Spent $27k To Probe Lawsuit Charges
Documents obtained by The Associated Press show Illinois Treasurer Dan Rutherford spent nearly $27,000 in taxpayer money on an investigation into allegations of political coercion and
sexual harassment against him.
The Republican candidate for governor revealed the cost of the report under the
Freedom of Information Act. But his lawyers have refused to disclose results of the investigation into the former employee's charges.
Edmund Michalowski claimed in a federal lawsuit Feb. 10 that Rutherford
sexually harassed him and pushed him to do campaign work on state time.
Rutherford spent more than $18,000 on the investigation by Ron Braver &
Associates. Another $8,800 was paid to the law firm of the Brown, Hay &
Rutherford had promised to release the report but now says it's part of