Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
Around the Nation
Mon May 26, 2014
Anonymous Person Distributes $100 Bills
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene, wishing I were in San Francisco. An anonymous and apparently wealthy person there has been distributing $100 bills in white envelopes and then tweeting hints about their location from the Twitter handle @HiddenCash - tweets like, in the abandoned phone box next door, and, under the orange chair closest to Blue Bottle Coffee. One online magazine has identified the mystery person as a real-estate magnate who's giving back to, quote, "the community that has made me wealthy." You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.