Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
Wed April 23, 2014
Angélique Kidjo On World Cafe
Angelique Kidjo is a musical superstar from Benin, West Africa. Since her album Logozo in 1991, she has graced stages around the globe. Now living in Brooklyn, Kidjo has a pair of new projects to discuss here, along with a performance from the stage of World Cafe Live.
Kidjo's new album Eve is dedicated to the women of Africa; it includes music for her mother, whose work in theater inspired Kidjo to perform. In this session, she'll discuss her ongoing work with UNICEF and the overwhelming problems confronting African women today. Kidjo also has a new autobiography called Spirit Rising that traces her remarkable life from Benin to Paris, where she was signed by Chris Blackwell to Island Records.