Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Are People Really Leaving Illinois In Droves?
- Falling Union Membership? The Governor Has A Theory About That ...
- State's Paying Interest On 2011 Past Due Wages; May Finally Pay Up
- Plan That Would Allow Ex-Felons To Work In Schools Gets Support From Conservatives
- The Players: Inspector General's Push For Public Reports Stalls
Thu December 26, 2013
Amusement Ride Malfunction Injures Seven
Seven people were treated and released from a northern Illinois hospital after receiving minor injuries when an indoor amusement park ride malfunctioned. Joseph Hook is acting general manager at Grizzly Jack's Grand Bear Resort in Utica.
He says the people _ a mix of children and adults _ reported aches and pains on Christmas Eve after an unspecified malfunction of a tea cup ride in the hotel's indoor amusement park.
The amusement park that's about 80 miles southwest of Chicago has about 10 rides.
Hook says the amusement park remains open yesterday, although the tea cup ride is closed so state inspectors and the fire marshal can try to figure out what went wrong.