- Attorney General Wants To Send Concealed Carry Cases Out Of Court
- Republican Bruce Rauner Defends His Personal Tax Bill
- Trucker Asks: Are Police Above The Law?
- Republican Attorney General Candidate: Pension Changes Unconstitutional
- Applicants Denied Concealed Carry Licenses Will Learn Why Under New Emergency Rules
Most Active Stories
Thu December 26, 2013
Amusement Ride Malfunction Injures Seven
Seven people were treated and released from a northern Illinois hospital after receiving minor injuries when an indoor amusement park ride malfunctioned. Joseph Hook is acting general manager at Grizzly Jack's Grand Bear Resort in Utica.
He says the people _ a mix of children and adults _ reported aches and pains on Christmas Eve after an unspecified malfunction of a tea cup ride in the hotel's indoor amusement park.
The amusement park that's about 80 miles southwest of Chicago has about 10 rides.
Hook says the amusement park remains open yesterday, although the tea cup ride is closed so state inspectors and the fire marshal can try to figure out what went wrong.