Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
Tue November 12, 2013
American-US Airways Merger Clears Last Major Hurdle
Originally published on Wed December 3, 2014 8:15 am
The Justice Department has reached a preliminary agreement with U.S. Airways and American Airlines, allowing the two to merge, creating the world’s largest airline.
The settlement requires the airlines to sell slots, gates and ground facilities at major airports around the country.
The Wall Street Journal’s Jason Bellini joins Here & Now’s Jeremy Hobson with details.