Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
All Songs TV
Thu June 5, 2014
American Football, 'Never Meant'
Originally published on Mon June 9, 2014 9:54 am
Director Chris Strong took his inspiration for the video directly from the album's darkly glowing artwork:
The video for "Never Meant" takes place in Urbana, Ill., circa 1999. It is a song about breaking up, moving on and forgetting, so I made a story about a brief relationship occurring between two characters at the end of their college experience. I wanted to craft a story that referenced the original album artwork, so we shot in and around the house that appears on the original album cover and used the cover image as a jumping-off point for the story.
American Football (Deluxe Edition) is out now on Polyvinyl Records.