- Attorney General Wants To Send Concealed Carry Cases Out Of Court
- Republican Bruce Rauner Defends His Personal Tax Bill
- Trucker Asks: Are Police Above The Law?
- Applicants Denied Concealed Carry Licenses Will Learn Why Under New Emergency Rules
- Republican Attorney General Candidate: Pension Changes Unconstitutional
Most Active Stories
Thu November 14, 2013
ALPLM Hosts Gettysburg Address Events
150 years ago next week, Abraham Lincoln delivered a 272 word speech that has become known as one of the greatest in history. Tuesday, November 19, marks the anniversary of the Gettysburg Address.
On Monday, the day before, the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum will host events to honor the occasion.
Dramatic readings will take place at 8 and 10 p.m. from the Team of Rivals book by Doris Kearns Goodwin. At midnight, Fritz Klein will portray Lincoln and deliver the Address. Throughout the evening, the state's copy of the Gettysburg Address will be on display.
Chris Wills with the museum joined WUIS' Sean Crawford for more on the agenda:
More details available here.