Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
Sun July 20, 2014
Actor James Garner Of 'Rockford Files' Dies
Originally published on Sun July 20, 2014 7:09 pm
KELLY MCEVERS, HOST:
OK, we don't to let that play much longer for you to know where we're going with this - the theme from "The Rockford Files" and a few seconds to remember actor, James Garner. He died yesterday at home, here in Los Angeles. He was 86. A native of Oklahoma, Garner was a Korean War vet. He got his start in Hollywood with small parts in Westerns. That led to a starring role in the TV show "Maverick." He did films and commercial work, but it was his role as LA private investigator Jim Rockford that won him an Emmy and set his image as a grumpy, slightly miscast, leading man. I don't know about you, but we cannot get that theme song out of our heads. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.