- Attorney General Wants To Send Concealed Carry Cases Out Of Court
- Republican Bruce Rauner Defends His Personal Tax Bill
- Trucker Asks: Are Police Above The Law?
- Applicants Denied Concealed Carry Licenses Will Learn Why Under New Emergency Rules
- Republican Attorney General Candidate: Pension Changes Unconstitutional
Most Active Stories
Tue August 27, 2013
ACLU Hires Former GOP Chair's Firm To Lobby For Same Sex Marriage
The American Civil Liberties Union has hired a consulting firm started by the Illinois Republican Party's former chairman to help with efforts to legalize same-sex marriage in Illinois.
Pat Brady left his GOP post earlier this year after he said he supported gay marriage. He later started what he describes as a government affairs firm with Matt Strawn, the former chairman of the Republican Party of Iowa.
It's called Next Generation Public Affairs, Inc.
The firm announced Tuesday that it'll help the ACLU's Illinois chapter lobby GOP lawmakers. So far, two Illinois Republicans say they're in favor.
Same-sex marriage legislation is expected in the fall. Efforts earlier this year stalled when the bill's sponsor in the Illinois House said it didn't have the needed support. He didn't call it for a vote.