Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- State's Paying Interest On 2011 Past Due Wages; May Finally Pay Up
- Beautiful Book Pairs Felicia Olin's Art & Vachel Lindsay's Poetry
- The Players: Inspector General's Push For Public Reports Stalls
- Plan That Would Allow Ex-Felons To Work In Schools Gets Support From Conservatives
- Listen to State Week - April 10, 2015
Thu March 13, 2014
13th Dist. Congressional Candidate Ann Callis Interview
In May of last year, Ann Callis abruptly stepped down as Madison County’s chief circuit judge in May of last year, after serving 18 years on the bench. The Democrat says it's time to use her experience to help people in new ways - in Illinois' 13th Congressional District.
The Democrat said it was time to 'use her experience to help people in new ways' when stepping down last year.
She entered what became a crowded field for the office, facing two other Democrats, and three Republicans, including incumbent Rodney Davis.