Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- State's Paying Interest On 2011 Past Due Wages; May Finally Pay Up
- Beautiful Book Pairs Felicia Olin's Art & Vachel Lindsay's Poetry
- The Players: Inspector General's Push For Public Reports Stalls
- Plan That Would Allow Ex-Felons To Work In Schools Gets Support From Conservatives
- Listen to State Week - April 10, 2015
Mon January 6, 2014
11,000 Apply For Concealed Carry Permits So Far
The online application system to apply for permits was officially launched in Illinois on Sunday. On Monday, Illinois State Police said they had received 4,525 applications for concealed carry permits were received within 24 hours. The other 6,500 applications came from firearms instructors who the state let apply early for permits to help test the functionality of the online application system.
In July, Illinois became the last state in the nation to approve legislation allowing residents to carry concealed weapons.
Illinois lawmakers have projected there will be between 350,000 and 400,000 applications for permits this year.
State Police have up to 90 days to approve or deny applicants, provided their applications are complete.