Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
Mon July 15, 2013
10 Month Old's Fight Calls Attention To Bone Marrow Registry
Lauren and Aaron Smith of Springfield, pictured with their 10 month old son Gabriel, who has a rare form of anemia. He's required to undergo regular blood transfusions. Their is hope after a bone marrow donor match was discovered earlier this year. A transplant is scheduled for this fall . The couple is wanting to raise awareness of the Bone Marrow Registry and the need to donate blood.
The next Third Thursday Art Show at Donnie's Homespun will benefit Gabriel. See more details:
Read the Blood For Gabriel facebook page.