Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Are People Really Leaving Illinois In Droves?
- Falling Union Membership? The Governor Has A Theory About That ...
- State's Paying Interest On 2011 Past Due Wages; May Finally Pay Up
- Plan That Would Allow Ex-Felons To Work In Schools Gets Support From Conservatives
- The Players: Inspector General's Push For Public Reports Stalls
Mon July 15, 2013
10 Month Old's Fight Calls Attention To Bone Marrow Registry
Lauren and Aaron Smith of Springfield, pictured with their 10 month old son Gabriel, who has a rare form of anemia. He's required to undergo regular blood transfusions. Their is hope after a bone marrow donor match was discovered earlier this year. A transplant is scheduled for this fall . The couple is wanting to raise awareness of the Bone Marrow Registry and the need to donate blood.
The next Third Thursday Art Show at Donnie's Homespun will benefit Gabriel. See more details:
Read the Blood For Gabriel facebook page.