- Attorney General Wants To Send Concealed Carry Cases Out Of Court
- Republican Bruce Rauner Defends His Personal Tax Bill
- Trucker Asks: Are Police Above The Law?
- Republican Attorney General Candidate: Pension Changes Unconstitutional
- Applicants Denied Concealed Carry Licenses Will Learn Why Under New Emergency Rules
Most Active Stories
Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Hi! I cover local news including arts & culture and education. I'm a 2012 graduate of the Public Affairs Reporting Program at the University of Illinois Springfield. While working toward that degree I spent a semester covering the legislature for WUIS and Illinois Public Radio. In 2010 I graduated from UIS with degrees in Liberal & Integrative Studies, Women & Gender Studies, and African-American Studies (yes, that was a lot of studying!) Previous experiences of mine include tutoring Rwandan refugees, supervising children at an orphanage in Kenya, working as an activities assistant at a nursing home in Ohio, and lots of waitressing.
I cut my teeth in radio in 2011 while interning for the National Public Radio program Tell Me More with Michel Martin in Washington, DC. My reports have also appeared on NPR's Weekend Edition, NPR's All Things Considered, NPR's Morning Edition, and WorkingNow.org.
Please feel free to email me with tips on potential stories going on in the Springfield area. Thanks!