WUIS' mission emphasizes playing a constructive role in our community. WUIS provides information to help you make informed decisions as you participate in our democracy. WUIS also supports area nonprofit service and arts organizations by serving as a platform to share issues and promote events.
WUIS is proud to be a partner in providing public media educational resources in collaboration with public radio and public television stations. These 21st century digital resources integrate into lesson plans. Click here to learn more about Illinois Edition public media educational resources.
Partners have included:
- The Illinois Stewardship Alliance (Buy Fresh Buy Local)
- The Illinois Symphony Orchestra
- The Sangamon Auditorium, UIS
- The Hoogland Center for the Arts
- The Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum
- The Illinois State Museum
- Lincoln Memorial Gardens
- University of Illinois Springfield
- Benedictine University Springfield (Quiddity)
- …and many more.
The Illinois Campaign Finance Project
Project goals were to create a database of campaign finance in Illinois for 1990-1994; increase public awareness of campaign finance reform; make analysis of campaign finance more accessible; increase the interest of the new media in dealing with campaign finance issues and campaign finance documents; and increase the interest of Illinois legislators, constitutional officers and their staffs in making campaign finance issues a topic of serious discussion in the public debate.