One Illinois group wants voters to be better informed about judges, who will be among the lesser known candidates on the November ballot. The...
Most Active Stories
Content Director/ Editor/ Anchor/ Illinois Edition Host / Reporter
Illinois Issues Executive Editor / Reporter
Reporter / Anchor
Illinois Issues Managing Editor / Reporter
Illinois Edition Producer / Reporter
Statehouse Bureau Chief / Reporter
Executive Editor/ Anchor/ Reporter/ State Week Host
Updated at 11:15 a.m. ETIn a major escalation of the air campaign against Islamic extremist groups, the U.S. and Arab allies jointly hit targets inside...
WUIS’ local news magazine. Crawford, Otwell, Wheelhouse, Vinicky, Mackey, Gray and others explore the latest central Illinois issues and arts weekdays at noon (7 pm replay)
Hear passionate discussion as Tom Ashbrook explores the stories of our time. Call into On Point and join the civil conversation weekdays 9-11 a.m.
State Week -- holding Illinois government accountable since 1975, A Roundtable discussion of the week's news and what's on the radar.
In-depth reporting transforms the way you understand events and view the world. Every afternoon at 4 p.m. get updated on what has gone on during the day.
From 7-9 a.m. Saturdays with Scott Simon and Sundays with Rachel Martin review the week's news, arts, sports, entertainment and more. Start brewing the coffee.
Waking up is hard to do, but it’s easier with Morning Edition. Peter Gray, Renee Montagne & Steve Inskeep deliver the day’s stories and news.
Robin Young & Jeremy Hobson review a fast moving stream of news and information Monday-Thursday 1-3 p.m.
Fresh Air opens the window on contemporary arts and issues with guests from worlds as diverse as literature and economics. Terry Gross hosts.
Economics and business news for main street. Kai & company break down the Wall Street shuffle and how it impacts your life weekday evenings at 6 p.m.
Ira Flatow enlightens us on the science is in everything. Test your hypotheses Fridays 1-3 p.m.
Imagine the Marx Brothers answering questions about automobiles. Picture Monty Python trying to imitate car noises. Click & Clack do that Saturdays 9-10 a.m.
Wait Wait… Don't Tell Me! is a weekly quiz program. Saturdays at 10 a.m. and Sundays at 2 p.m. you can test your knowledge. brightest
Ira Glass introduces each episode's theme followed by mostly true stories of everyday people Saturdays at 11 a.m.
Follow a portal to another world. Where sound illuminates ideas, and the boundaries blur between science, philosophy, and human experience Saturdays at noon.
Jim Huston checks out the latest classical music available to borrow from the city library Sundays at 6 a.m.
Sean Burns kicks the roots of rock through your radio Sundays at 5 p.m.
An emotionally-charged, heart-rending, paint-peeling, splinter-kicking bluegrass show. We’re all over the bluegrassical map Sundays 6-8 p.m. with Jennifer Ramm.
Dave Leonatti designs a solid singer/songwriter experience to cap off your Sundays from 8-10 p.m.
Supporters of a would-be University of Illinois professor say they're not going to stop protesting a week and a half after the Board of Trustees...
Advocates seeking to change how Illinois draws its legislative districts are following through on a promise to keep trying, even after getting...
Illinois' race for governor is shaping up as one of the most competitive in the nation. And it's impossible to tell who's winning. For a while,...
College students are back on campus and classes are underway. Parents at some Illinois schools have extra assurance their kids will be safe when...
Latest from NPR
- Mary Lattimore And Jeff Zeigler, 'The White Balloon' "What happens when someone 'disappears'?" That question drives Naomi Yang's (Galaxie 500, Damon & Naomi) beautifully shot video for "The White...
- More Americans Favor Mixing Religion And Politics, Survey Says Nearly three-quarters of the US. believes religious influence on American life is waning and nearly half think that churches and other houses of...
- Your Guide To Dining From The Dump When you think of a dumpster diver, you might think of someone like this: And while you wouldn't be totally wrong, you also wouldn't exactly be...
- Obama: Coalition Against ISIS Shows It Is 'Not America's Fight Alone' Update at 12:10 p.m. ET President Obama said a multinational coalition that carried out airstrikes in Syria shows that the fight against Islamic...
- Israel Kills Palestinians Suspected In June Kidnapping Ending a months-long search, the Israeli military says it has killed two Palestinian men with ties to Hamas who it believes were responsible for...