MacMurray College in Jacksonville is getting rid of ten academic programs due to low enrollment. The Board of Trustees approved the phase out of...
Most Active Stories
Content Director/ Editor/ Anchor/ Illinois Edition Host / Reporter
Executive Editor / Reporter
Reporter / Anchor
Managing Editor / Reporter
Illinois Edition Producer / Reporter
Education Desk Reporter
Statehouse Bureau Chief / Reporter
Executive Editor/ Anchor/ Reporter/ State Week Host
The Federal Trade Commission has filed a complaint in federal court against AT&T over just how unlimited the company's unlimited data plans are. The FTC...
Around the Nation
A Closer Look At Sexual Assaults On Campus
WUIS’ local news magazine. Crawford, Otwell, Wheelhouse, Vinicky, Mackey, Gray and others explore the latest central Illinois issues and arts weekdays at noon (7 pm replay)
Hear passionate discussion as Tom Ashbrook explores the stories of our time. Call into On Point and join the civil conversation weekdays 9-11 a.m.
State Week -- holding Illinois government accountable since 1975, A Roundtable discussion of the week's news and what's on the radar.
In-depth reporting transforms the way you understand events and view the world. Every afternoon at 4 p.m. get updated on what has gone on during the day.
From 7-9 a.m. Saturdays with Scott Simon and Sundays with Rachel Martin review the week's news, arts, sports, entertainment and more. Start brewing the coffee.
Waking up is hard to do, but it’s easier with Morning Edition. Peter Gray, Renee Montagne & Steve Inskeep deliver the day’s stories and news.
Robin Young & Jeremy Hobson review a fast moving stream of news and information Monday-Thursday 1-3 p.m.
Fresh Air opens the window on contemporary arts and issues with guests from worlds as diverse as literature and economics. Terry Gross hosts.
Economics and business news for main street. Kai & company break down the Wall Street shuffle and how it impacts your life weekday evenings at 6 p.m.
Ira Flatow enlightens us on the science is in everything. Test your hypotheses Fridays 1-3 p.m.
Imagine the Marx Brothers answering questions about automobiles. Picture Monty Python trying to imitate car noises. Click & Clack do that Saturdays 9-10 a.m.
Wait Wait… Don't Tell Me! is a weekly quiz program. Saturdays at 10 a.m. and Sundays at 2 p.m. you can test your knowledge. brightest
Ira Glass introduces each episode's theme followed by mostly true stories of everyday people Saturdays at 11 a.m.
Follow a portal to another world. Where sound illuminates ideas, and the boundaries blur between science, philosophy, and human experience Saturdays at noon.
Jim Huston checks out the latest classical music available to borrow from the city library Sundays at 6 a.m.
Sean Burns kicks the roots of rock through your radio Sundays at 5 p.m.
An emotionally-charged, heart-rending, paint-peeling, splinter-kicking bluegrass show. We’re all over the bluegrassical map Sundays 6-8 p.m. with Jennifer Ramm.
Dave Leonatti designs a solid singer/songwriter experience to cap off your Sundays from 8-10 p.m.
Authorities say a Springfield woman had a blood-alcohol level more than three times the legal limit when involved in a crash that killed two....
Ebola has not just dominated the news recently, it has become a point of discussion in campaigns. It came up in last night's U-S Senate debate,...
When you think of a report card, you think of a basic form that provides average test scores and little more. But the new online report cards for...
Amazon has announced it will open facilities in Illinois, saying it will bring 1,000 jobs to the state. That announcement was made Tuesday. But...
Latest from NPR
- Moving Past The Password, But At What Cost? Everyone hates passwords almost as much as they hate being hacked. The problem the traditional password is twofold. In order to be useful, they...
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Comes Out As Gay Tim Cook, the head of the world's most iconic technology company, has come out today in an op-ed on Bloomberg, saying he's never denied his sexual...
- Navajo Nation Presidential Candidate Suspends Campaign Days before Election Day, Chris Deschene's campaign to become Navajo Nation president has officially gone into limbo. Deschene, 43, made it onto...
- VIDEO: You Don't Know Jack-O-Lanterns Decorative gourd season has arrived, and we decided to celebrate by investigating the science and history of pumpkins. Do you know what happens...
- Angry Mob Sets Fire To Parliament In Burkina Faso Thousands of protesters in Burkina Faso broke through police lines and surged into the country's parliament, setting the building on fire ahead of...